Note from NICE: Recruitment to the Quality Standards Advisory Committees (QSAC)
Wednesday, 19th September 2012
Recruitment has now begun for a number of additional members to join the Quality Standards Advisory Committee.
We are looking to appoint the following standing members:
• Commissioners of health and social care services (such as those from clinical commissioning groups or local authorities)
• Social care professionals (such as those from local authorities, voluntary sector, private sector and working in adult or children’s services)
• Public health professionals (including those working in local authority or NHS settings such as doctors and nurses, practitioners or officers)
• Experts in measurement
• Primary care professionals (such as GPs or practice nurses)
• Secondary care health providers (such as senior nurses, allied health professionals, clinical directors, pharmacists)
• Secondary care managers (such as clinical service managers)
Information on the posts, including how to apply, is available on the NICE website. Please follow this link for details: http://www.nice.org.uk/getinvolved/joinnwc/join_a_nice_committee_or_working_group.jsp. The deadline for applications to these posts is 25 September (5pm).
NICE’s Patient and Public Involvement Programme (PPIP) are also recruiting separately for standing lay members to join these committees.
Standing members will be drawn from the NHS, health and social care professionals, patients and carers and academia. They do not represent their organisations but are selected for their expertise, experience of working with multidisciplinary and lay colleagues and understanding of evidence based healthcare.
A number of topic experts (including lay members) will also be invited to join the standing members to form the Topic Expert Group (TEG) for each quality standard topic. All members of the TEG will have equal status, which reflects the relevance and importance of their different expertise and experience.
NICE will continue to use its existing recruitment processes until the standing chairs/members TEG process is fully operational.
If you have any queries please contact [email protected]
NICE Quality Standards Team”
Back to News